Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Job Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Setting up and running the production process and product development (R&D) in the lab/operations;
- (Pro) active leader of the operations team (now 3 fte and expected growth 10 fte);
- Organize and optimize the structure of processes and team by assigning tasks, rules and responsibilities;
- Setting up and structuring processes to ensure the CE mark;
- Contact person for notified body and process auditing;
- Setting up and implementing quality norms and processes (ISO 13485);
- Initiating proposals for ongoing quality and efficiency improvements;
- The second keyholder and successor to the CEO
- Reporting to CEO.
Company and product
Our client is the leading tissue engineering company for body-own blood vessels. They develop in situ tissue engineered blood vessels providing novel therapeutic options for vascular surgery. Prosthetic vascular graft failure is a frequent complication in vascular surgery with substantial morbidity and health care costs. Our client provides patients autologous graft vessels, with sustained patency and fewer complications requiring less corrective interventions. Vascular grafts are needed in many areas of medicine. Our client initially focuses on vascular access in patients undergoing hemodialysis. Other indications will follow after clinical validation of the technology in hemodialysis. Such other indications include peripheral arterial occlusive disease.
Our client provides an advantage over other therapeutic options in the hemodialysis access market. Current solutions have a low patency: many arteriovasculair fistulas fail to mature or no adequate vein is available; the foreign material in synthetic grafts lead to infection, stenosis, thrombosis etc. and the synthetic material does not heal after cannulation.
Profile Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a science based study;
- Domain knowledge of medical devices;
- Proven medical device business track record in operations, quality and R&D;
- Hands on, no 9-5 mentality, self-starting and initiator;
- Strong communicator and inspiring leader who has shown to motivate people and thrives to achieve and excel the company’s goals and is capable to lead a startup;
- Excellent command in both Dutch and English language;
For further information about this position and application you can contact Ellen de Kroon, 06- 53 17 07 57 or firstname.lastname@example.org at PRIMER Professionals.