Research Scientist Novel T Cell Therapies
For our Amsterdam based research facility, Kite Pharma EU B.V., we are seeking a highly motivated Research Scientist with expertise and a track record in T cell engineering/T cell immunology to join our dynamic and ambitious team. You will assume a key scientific role by contributing to the design and execution of our scientific projects. The successful candidate will manage a small scientific team and actively engage in experimental work. The Research Scientist will plan and execute laboratory studies, organize and analyze results and communicate and present findings in team meetings.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Designing laboratory experiments to develop novel approaches to target cancer with engineered T cells. Examples include, but are not limited to, strategies to efficiently identify neo-antigen reactive T cells, the identification and non-clinical evaluation of therapeutic TCR candidates and the in vitro and in vivo assessment of engineering strategies to enhance the therapeutic potency of TCR-modified T cells
- Supervise the work of a small research team including but not limited to organizing and prioritizing laboratory work according to timelines and review of generated experimental results;
- Hands-on execution of laboratory work alongside the team;
- Analyze and present scientific results to diverse audiences;
- Document experimental results to enable clinical studies and patent applications;
- Work with cross-functional international teams to advance the development of T cell therapies including those targeting tumor neo-antigens
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. degree with subsequent postdoctoral training or industry experience in T cell engineering/T cell immunology
- Evidence of a successful academic or industry track-record (for example lead authorships on publications and/or being a named inventor on patent applications).
- Further expertise in one or multiple of the following areas is highly advantageous: tumor neo-antigen biology, CD4+ T cell immunobiology, genetic screenings, e.g. using CRISPR and RNAi, next-generation single cell PCR methods (e.g. Droplet-based PCR methods), in vivo models to study T cell immunity and process development to detect and isolate antigen-specific T cells
- Familiarity with immunological techniques applied to study T cell biology and develop T cell therapies, including but not limited to isolation, in vitro cultivation and phenotypic characterization of primary human immune cells, genetic manipulation of primary immune cells and cell lines using various transduction systems and multi-color flow cytometry
- Ability to translate scientific ideas into comprehensive experiments aiming to develop broadly applicable, industrial-scale T cell therapies
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Proactive, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills, appropriate sense of urgency and the ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced growing company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Would you like to know more before you apply? Please contact Heidi Kroon - Talent Acquisition Specialist, via: careersEU@kitepharma.com.