We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated scientist to join our Galapagos in vivo Pharmacology department close to Paris in Romainville. The selected candidate will lead a team of 3 technicians and is expected to work in a collaborative manner with other teams of the in vivo department. He/she will be responsible for the in vivo validation of preclinical candidates for Galapagos drug discovery portfolio. He/she will dedicate to one main therapeutic research area, providing scientific expertise and strategic views. He/she will also be responsible for writing preclinical study reports and publications. He/she is expected to have a major impact in the achievements of our in vivo pharmacology department. In addition, as manager, he/she will develop team members. He/she will report directly to the Director of In Vivo Pharmacology department.
The ideal candidate is :
- A biologist, pharmacologist or veterinarian Ph.D. followed by post-doctoral training or relevant work experience on in vivo pharmacology.
- Strong background knowledge in animal models, Enabling to Animal’s Experimentation (EAE Level 1 - European A)
- Minimum of 5/7 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry or CRO with a proven track record with significant in vivo pharmacology achievements and project delivery, with experience in leading and managing team
- Ability to adapt in terms of novel priorities in vivo models, maintain a strong awareness of scientific literature and to make constructive recommendations, under ambitious timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French towards in vivo team and cross-functional stakeholders is critical
- Strong experience in one of the following therapeutic area (Immuno-inflammation, fibrosis and/or metabolism) preferably in industry is an advantage
At Galapagos we aim to recruit the best people, who stand out among their peers, with integrity and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Our employees are the strength behind Galapagos, a highly motivated team, eager to maintain Galapagos’ leading position and achieve breakthroughs in pharmaceutical research. Galapagos offers a competitive remuneration package and a dynamic work environment.
Galapagos is a clinical-stage biotechnology company, specialized in the discovery and development of small molecule medicines with novel modes of action. Our ambition is to become a leading global biotechnology company, focused on the development and commercialization of novel medicines that will improve people's lives.